Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Cambridge Venture Project

Many things have happened since I last wrote. I promise I will update the blog during my Christmas holidays. For now I just want to write about one of our big assignments for this term, the Cambridge Venture Project.

Basically it is a real part-time consulting project made with a company based in Cambridge. Its main focus is marketing analysis and as I said before, it is a part time project. It lasts the whole November along with our classes and other assignments.

Obviously, it is hard work to cope with everything at the same time and we have to cut on some things (like the blogs!). But this kind of projects was the reason I chose to come to Cambridge and not go to any other MBA. I think these projects are a very good opportunity to see how things work in the real world.

However, I don’t think this project is much different from the studies and projects that are made in class. I’m sure the Global Consulting Project in the Lent term will be much different as it is full time. Nevertheless, this is a very good opportunity to make us realize what is like to work in a multicultural team with people with very different experiences and backgrounds. It is also a good opportunity to learn something about ourselves and how we deal with some difficulties, like time pressure and miscommunication.

This week all study groups did their presentations and the general feeling was it went well. It means people worked hard to deliver something with quality and were prepared to face the question and answer session with their clients. As for me, it was an interesting experience to work with such diverse people.

What stroke me the most was how very different people can come together when facing common adversities. That was what happened when we knew our client would give us a hard time during the Q&A. We came together and we did a great job in the end.
To my team I have only one thing to say: Thank you and we did it!

No comments: