Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Reality check

Two days, two posts. Not bad. But these stats are deceiving just like this week’s schedule is. This week is very light and is still really all about adaptation. We finish classes early, we don’t have assignments and everything is still new. Everything looks wonderful so far.

But tonight I had my first reality check. I went through the schedule for the next two months and I can see lots of hard work coming. I must say everything seems really well planned and JBS has done an amazing job as far as I’m concerned. But the truth is I see some days in the near future starting at 9 a.m. and ending at 8p.m. among lectures and presentations, I see lots of group work coming, lots of reading to do and very little time for all that. I really would like to be able to eat and sleep too, if possible!

I suppose that’s what I’m here for. But I was getting used to the fantastic days I had so far and the idea of being totally emerged in work now seems scary. Also, this is a one year program so one should expect a really intense year with many things to do and lots of things happening at the same time.

Still, last week was so great it’s hard to think things will be very different in the near future.

No comments: